THE 2105 GEEKIE AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Are you a fashion designer or do you create geek-inspired crafts,
accessories, or products you use, play with or wear?
Enter in the Geek Fashion & Crafts category.
WHY ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
Don’t take our word for it, listen to what our judges and previous
nominees and winners have to say in the video below!
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE
|25% off purchases site wide at WeLoveFine.com. From fashion forward apparel to vinyl figures and plush, WeLoveFine is proud to provide fans with creative and unique products that let them show off their fandom in style.|
|30% off off all tees and outerwear at JINX.com. J!NX is a lifestyle clothing brand for gamers and geeks. J!NX represents an immersion into all forms of gaming, the interwebz, giant robots, spaceships, gadgets, comic books, dragons, rolling dice, and collecting things. The J!NX office contains an abundance of toys and passionate nerds. It is located in sunny San Diego, CA.|
|20% off your favorite geek fashion at HerUniverse.com. Thanks to groundbreaking Geek Girl fashion apparel company, Her Universe™, fangirls are finally making a statement in the fashion community utilizing style as their ultimate superpower.|
|Discount for the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards Show in 2016. Find out more about IATVW at iawtv.org.|
*discounts are provided via email at the close of submissions.
What you need to enter
Please read our Terms carefully. You will be required to accept these terms prior to entering work on the submission site.
Fees are $45.00 from April 1 – April 30 and $65.00 from May 1 – June 14. Submissions close June 14, 2015. Read more about why we charge a fee in our FAQ.
IMPORTANT! Once the judges choose 5 nominees, the public will vote to choose a winner using the images you submit with your entry—we will create a slideshow for each nominee. Learn more about our process.
At least one portfolio item created after Jan 2013.
- Artist or designer portfolios. Awards will be given to individuals based on the expression, craft and skill of multiple pieces submitted.
- This category includes all types of art: 2D art / illustration (painting, drawing, printmaking), 3D art / sculpture, glass, metalwork, comic book art, graphic art/design and photography.
- Artwork must be original (created by artist).
- Preferred genres: Pop/Geek Culture, Sci-fi, Fantasy, S.T.E.M., Comic Books, Superheroes, Horror, Supernatural, Zombies, Anime, Steampunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Science, Tech, Action/Adventure, Role-Playing, Gaming, All Designer Toys.
Required Submission Materials
- 3 (min) to 10 (max – recommended) images (jpeg or png files; 2MB each) of your work – must include at least 3 different portfolio pieces. Additional images beyond 3 can include closeups or other angles of the same work.
- Basic information about you and your work: your name, type of work, your style. We encourage you provide judges with as much information about your craft and process as possible.
- After you submit your entry, you’ll be emailed a link to post your work on The Geekie Awards website—this is an extra step! You’ll need an image representative of your project at this exact size: 650px wide x 366px tall or we cannot post your work. Click here to use a free online image resize tool.
Portfolio work will be judged on uniqueness/originality, professional quality (craftsmanship/skill), aesthetics (style, tone, design), concept and application of materials.
Judges score all portfolio items submitted as a whole, and not just a single piece of work. Entries are not scored against one another. Scores are based on the individual skill, craft and creativity of each artist/creator.