THE 2105 GEEKIE AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
WHY ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
Don’t take our word for it, listen to what our judges and previous winners have to say in the video below!
|The 2015 winner of The Geekie Award for Fashion, Lifestyle & Craft will be featured on FashionablyNerdy.com. Fashionably Nerdy is the epicenter for a geek community that is committed to discovering the very best in everyday geek fashion, and connecting designers with fans.|
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE
|25% off purchases site wide at WeLoveFine.com. From fashion forward apparel to vinyl figures and plush, WeLoveFine is proud to provide fans with creative and unique products that let them show off their fandom in style.|
|30% off off all tees and outerwear at JINX.com. J!NX is a lifestyle clothing brand for gamers and geeks. J!NX represents an immersion into all forms of gaming, the interwebz, giant robots, spaceships, gadgets, comic books, dragons, rolling dice, and collecting things. The J!NX office contains an abundance of toys and passionate nerds. It is located in sunny San Diego, CA.|
|20% off your favorite geek fashion at HerUniverse.com. Thanks to groundbreaking Geek Girl fashion apparel company, Her Universe™, fangirls are finally making a statement in the fashion community utilizing style as their ultimate superpower.|
|Discount for the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards Show in 2016. Find out more about IATVW at iawtv.org.|
*discounts are provided via email at the close of submissions.
what you need to enter
Please read our Terms carefully. You will be required to accept these terms prior to entering work on the submission site.
Fees are $45.00 from April 1 – April 30 and $65.00 from May 1 – June 14. Submissions close June 14, 2015.
IMPORTANT! Once the judges choose 5 nominees, the public will vote to choose a winner using the images you submit with your entry—we will create a slideshow for each nominee. Learn more about our process.
If you’re entering an artist portfolio, use our Art category.
At least one item created after Jan 2013.
FASHION: Geek-inspired apparel, jewelry, accessories, bags, armor, and wearable crafts.
LIFESTYLE / CRAFTS: Decorative crafts, home decor, or any products you use, play with or wear. Includes geeked-out spaces like an office or home, as long as you MADE the items (decorating with another artist’s work does not count).
Work must be handcrafted or fabricated by artist/designer (no factory mass production).
- Designers/shops can create and sell any combination of products.
- Genres of work: Pop/Geek Culture, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mystical/Mythic, Comic Books, Superheroes, Horror, Supernatural, Zombies, Anime, Steampunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Science, Tech, Action/Adventure, Role-Playing, Gaming.
Required Submission Materials
- 3 (min) to 10 (max – recommended) images (jpeg or png files; 2MB each) of your work. Additional images beyond 3 can include closeups or other angles of the same work.
- Basic information about you and your work/shop: your name or name of shop, type of work, your style. We encourage you provide judges with as much information about your craft and design/creation process as possible.
- After you submit your entry, you’ll be emailed a link to post your work on The Geekie Awards website—this is an extra step! You’ll need an image representative of your project at this exact size: 650px wide x 366px tall or we cannot post your work. Click here to use a free online image resize tool.
Work will be judged on professional quality (craftsmanship), originality and aesthetics (style, design).
Judges score all portfolio/shop items submitted as a whole, and not just a single piece. Due to the various types of items we accept in this category, entries are not scored against one another. Scores are based on the individual skill, craftsmanship and creativity of each designer/creator, based on the form(s) they’re using (apparel, accessories, armor, etc).