THE 2105 GEEKIE AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
WHY ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
Don’t take our word for it, listen to what our judges and previous winners have to say in the video below!
|GeekNation is proud to work with this year's Geekie Awards to offer its Podcast and Web Series nominees the opportunity to have their work distributed exclusively on GeekNation.com and become a part of the GeekNation family. Here's your chance to have your content go out in front of GeekNation's millions of viewers and loyal fans!
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE
|25% off purchases site wide at WeLoveFine.com. From fashion forward apparel to vinyl figures and plush, WeLoveFine is proud to provide fans with creative and unique products that let them show off their fandom in style.|
|30% off off all tees and outerwear at JINX.com. J!NX is a lifestyle clothing brand for gamers and geeks. J!NX represents an immersion into all forms of gaming, the interwebz, giant robots, spaceships, gadgets, comic books, dragons, rolling dice, and collecting things. The J!NX office contains an abundance of toys and passionate nerds. It is located in sunny San Diego, CA.|
|20% off your favorite geek fashion at HerUniverse.com. Thanks to groundbreaking Geek Girl fashion apparel company, Her Universe™, fangirls are finally making a statement in the fashion community utilizing style as their ultimate superpower.|
|Discount for the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards Show in 2016. Find out more about IATVW at iawtv.org.|
*discounts are provided via email at the close of submissions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENTER
Please read our Terms carefully. You will be required to accept these terms prior to entering work on the submission site.
Fees are $45.00 from April 1 – April 30 and $65.00 from May 1 – June 14. Submissions close June 14, 2015.
IMPORTANT! Once the judges choose 5 nominees, the public will vote to choose a winner using the episode you submit for judging. That episode must be viewable via a public URL from the date of entry to August 31, 2015. Learn more about our process.
- One episode published after Jan 2013. We accept premiere/pilot episodes as long as the story continues (i.e. this is not a short film).
- Any style of unscripted series on video, including opinion or commentary-style, hosted, live or pre-recorded, news, reviews, topic discussion or education, game shows, reality or DIY.
- Series NOT produced by major production studios—our show is for independent creators. Cumulative project budget must be under $1 million.
- We DO accept series created via promotional or sponsorship deals provided by partners such as apparel/youtube/etc.
- Preferred genres: Pop/Geek Culture, Sci-fi, Fantasy, S.T.E.M., Comic Books, Superheroes, Horror, Supernatural, Zombies, Anime, Steampunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Science, Tech, Action/Adventure, Role-Playing, Gaming, Geek Art/Craft, Geek Fashion, Cosplay.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Direct URL to 2 episodes published online during the eligibility period. This can include the episode judges will use to score your entry.
- Basic information about your series: title, creator(s), synopsis, episode runtime, additional credits.
- After you submit your entry, you’ll be emailed a link to post your work on The Geekie Awards website—this is an extra step! You’ll need an image representative of your project at this exact size: 650px wide x 366px tall or we cannot post your work. Click here to use a free online image resize tool.
Web series will be judged on the following criteria:
Quality of content: Dialogue, creativity, coherence, premise of show, knowledge or expertise applied (if applicable), enjoyability.
Production excellence: Directing, visual production, sound design/music and editing and overall use of effects (if applicable). Web series do not require effects.
Overall impression: Did your web series affect our judges or produce an emotional response? Is it evident that heart went into the creation of this work?