LARPs: The Series is a scripted web series that explores how roleplaying games influence real life and vice versa. In a LARP, or live action roleplaying game, players assume the identity of their chosen character and physically perform their actions (as opposed to simply describing them).
Five twentysomething friends meet regularly to play in a LARP. We follow these LARPers through their normal lives and see the parallels between the game and the real world. In roleplaying games, it’s not uncommon to see romance, power struggles, and epic confrontations—how does that affect the lives of its players once they take off their armour?
LARPs presents roleplaying as a normal hobby while acknowledging the sometimes eccentric nature of its players. Thousands of men and women roleplay around the globe—LARPs gives its audience a glimpse into their passion while still examining the realities of life outside the game.
There’s a comedy that’s unafraid to examine the world of LARPing without mocking it. LARPs isn’t about the game, but its players.
- Director, Editor: Julian Stamboulieh
- Writer, Actor: Jon Verrall
- Producer: Benjamin Warner
- Actor: Scott Humphrey
- Actor: Elizabeth Neale
- Actor: Charlotte Rogers
- Actor: Jonathan Silver
- Supporting Actor: Jamie Mayers
- Supporting Actor: Jesse Sherman
- Director of Photography: Joe Baron
- Assistant Director: Dylan Thompson
- Music Composer: Donny Kennedy
- Music Editor: Kevin Fallis
- Sound Editor / Re-Recording Mixer: Matt R. Sherman
- Production Assistant: Jessy Bokser
- Production Assistant: Nicholas Gertler
- Costumes: Les Artisans d’Azure