2015 NOMINEE FOR BEST SHORT FILM! | View all 2015 Nominees
“Prelude to Axanar” is a ground breaking independent film set in the Star Trek universe. Funded by Kickstarter, “Prelude to Axanar” set the Sci-Fi world alight when it debuted in July 2014. “Better than anything Abrams is doing” is what SyFy channel’s Blastr website said and fans universally hailed it as “Real Star Trek”, giving “Prelude” an impressive 8.6 rating on IMDB. “Prelude to Axanar” has set the stage for a full length feature film, “Axanar”, to be realized in 2016 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.
“Axanar” is the creation of Alec Peters, a veteran entrepreneur and a 2004 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year winner, who wrote “Axanar” along with Christian Gossett, a visual artist whose ground breaking graphic novel “The Red Star” includes James Cameron and Ridley Scott among his fans. “Prelude to Axanar” is unique in its telling of Star Trek as historical documentary, diving into events 20 years before Kirk, Spock and McCoy and telling the story of Kirk’s hero, Garth of Izar, a character only seen in one episode of the original Star Trek.
The Axanar team raised $650,000 and is building out Ares Studios in Valencia California, a 16,000 square foot soundstage dedicated to creating cutting edge genre films. “Axanar” will be its first project.
If you are interested in learning more, you can read our FAQ or check out our production’s website, www.startrekaxanar.com.
- Director: Christian Gossett
- Executive Producer: Alec Peters
- Co-Producers: Jhennifer Webberley, Carter Smith and Neal Fischer
- Associate Producers: Nicholas Cooper, Ryan T. Husk, Diana Kingsbury, Terry McIntosh, Mark Smith and Frank Zanca
- Screenplay by: Alec Peters and Christian Gossett
Director of Photography: Milton Santiago
- Starring: Richard Hatch, Tony Todd, Kate Vernon, J.G. Hertzler, Gary Graham and Alec Peters
- Editor: Robert Meyer Burnett
- Music: Alexander Bornstein
- Makeup Designed and Supervised by: Kevin Haney and Brad Look
- Visual Effects Supervisor: Tobias Richter
- Supervising Sound Designer/Editor: Frank Serafine
- Starship and Special Sound Effects: Mark Edward Lewis
- Digital Compositor: Tommy Kraft
- Creative Consultant: Charles de Lauzirika