The Amazon warrior from Themyscira does battle with men and monsters in this short project from Rainfall Films. Starring Rileah Vanderbilt and directed by Sam Balcomb, the film was a passion project for all involved; a unique take on the DC superhero beloved and respected around the world.
The short garnered a million views in its first 24 hours of release, four million in the first four days, and was the top featured video on YouTube’s home page. The explosion of hits was fueled by glowing media coverage, including write-ups on Nerdist, Kotaku, io9, Comics Alliance, Hollywood Reporter, IGN, Superhero Hype, and many more. Social media also played a primary role in getting the word out, with thousands of Facebook shares and Twitter support from passionate fans.
- Director: Sam Balcomb
- Producer/Editor: Jesse Soff
- Starring: Rileah Vanderbilt, Clare Grant, Alicia Marie, America Young, Kimi Hughes, Christy Hauptman
- Costume Designer: Heather Greene
- Director of Photography: Andrew Finch
- Music & Sound Design: Jeff Dodson