In 1919, acclaimed Czech playwright Karel Čapek began work on the seminal science fiction story R.U.R. Set approximately 50 years in the then-future, R.U.R. was a sharp commentary on progress, politics, and relationships, accurately predicting advances in biotechnology and serving as the inspiration for masterpieces like Metropolis and Blade Runner.
In R.U.R.: GENESIS, the creators of the award-winning cult science fiction noir film Yesterday Was a Lie present a sexy, retro-futuristic take on the classic Čapek tale. Set in the style of an alt-history 1969, this adaptation depicts a world populated by genetically engineered workers (“artificials”) — perfect, made-to-order people who lack fundamental rights.
Starring Chase Masterson (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Robotech), Kipleigh Brown (Yesterday Was a Lie, Star Trek: Enterprise), and Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Star Trek Continues), R.U.R.: GENESIS serves as both a standalone short film adventure and a “teaser” for the full-length feature currently in development.
- Director: James Kerwin
- Producer: Bernie Stern
- Written for the screen by: James Kerwin & Andrew R. Deutsch
- Executive producers: Robert Riccitelli, Joe Balsarotti
- Co-executive producers: Charles Rengel, Michael Morrell
- Director of photography: Jason Cochard
- Production designer: Jace Ford
- Music: Mike Avenaim
- Visual effects: Michael Struck
- Co-producer: Kimberley Browning
- Associate producer: Jerry Seward
- Costumes: Kaitlin Weichsel
- Starring: Chase Masterson
- Starring: Kipleigh Brown
- Starring: Vic Mignogna
- Starring: James Ellis Lane
- Starring: Amara Cash