WHY DO CREATORS ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
THIS COULD BE YOU!
Every award is given out by your favorite geek celebrities and idols.
You get to hang with them at the show too. See the 2014 presenters.
PAST SUCCESS STORIES
- “Colonus” / Best Comic/Graphic Novel—picked up by Dark Horse Comics, featured on the premiere of “The Big Bang Theory.”
- Alex “The Pumpkin Geek” / Best Art/Craft—Legendary Entertainment hired him for a Hollywood premiere, featured guest on “Yahoo’s DayTime in No Time” and “Good Day Sacramento” talk shows.
- “A Podcast of Ice & Fire” / Best Podcast—George R. R. Martin wrote a post on his website about them.
- “What Do You Know?” / Podcast nominee—swooped up by Jon Lovitz’s new YouTube comedy channel.
ADVERTISING VALUED AT $12 MILLION
Our show provides an opportunity to piggy back on our media outreach to get your work seen by as many eyeballs as possible—and hopefully lead to MORE work! San Diego Comic Con generated 1.4 billion media impressions. The Geekie Awards received over 1.5 billion in 2013 and 2014—that’s $15 million worth of advertising and marketing that is free to our entrants.
- A page on our website for each entry – like this page. Share your pages too, and rank higher in Google search!
- Promotion on all of our social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter (via your page). We reach up to 100,000 views a week on our social sites. Read more about publicity for entrants here + tips
WHAT YOU WIN
Each winning team receives a “Geekie” trophy (pictured above) plus even more publicity via the live event. Nominees are given 2 tickets to attend the show. This includes photos and interviews (when available by press). Read more about publicity for nominees and winners here.
We continue to share nominee and winner’s work via social media up to a year after the event. We often invite winners to be part of The Geekie Awards-sponsored events throughout the following year, such as participating on panels at popular conventions and attending functions as honored guests.
In other words, we do our best to help you continue to get your work out there!
GIFTS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Winners get special gifts from or sponsors, as a thank you for your incredible work!
Aside from our nominees (top 5 scored entries), we ask judges to choose entries that have excelled in each category. Entries who win these honors receive recognition on our site and in social media, and digital badges to use on their websites and/or in other promotions. We announce category honors up to two months after the live ceremony. Honors are listed on our website.