THE 2105 GEEKIE AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
Have a video game trailer? Enter in the Trailers & Videos category.
WHY ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
Don’t take our word for it, listen to what our judges and previous winners have to say in the video below!
One-on-one phone calls for guidance with two of our industry leaders! Chris Avellone, Creative Director and Co-Owner of Obsidian Entertainment; and Mark Soderwall, Game Developer Professional, Mentor and Creator of Indie Game University (previous credits: Lucas Arts, Atari). See more awards and perks here.
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE
|25% off purchases site wide at WeLoveFine.com. From fashion forward apparel to vinyl figures and plush, WeLoveFine is proud to provide fans with creative and unique products that let them show off their fandom in style.|
|30% off off all tees and outerwear at JINX.com. J!NX is a lifestyle clothing brand for gamers and geeks. J!NX represents an immersion into all forms of gaming, the interwebz, giant robots, spaceships, gadgets, comic books, dragons, rolling dice, and collecting things. The J!NX office contains an abundance of toys and passionate nerds. It is located in sunny San Diego, CA.|
|20% off your favorite geek fashion at HerUniverse.com. Thanks to groundbreaking Geek Girl fashion apparel company, Her Universe™, fangirls are finally making a statement in the fashion community utilizing style as their ultimate superpower.|
|Discount for the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards Show in 2016. Find out more about IATVW at iawtv.org.|
*discounts are provided via email at the close of submissions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENTER
Please read our Terms carefully. You will be required to accept these terms prior to entering work on the submission site.
Fees are $45.00 from April 1 – April 30 and $65.00 from May 1 – June 14. Submissions close June 14, 2015.
IMPORTANT! Once our panel of expert game judges choose 5 nominees, the public will vote on their favorite game using videos you provide. This is for promotional purposes only, as our panel of judges will still choose a winner in this category. Voting will provide an opportunity for more people to see your work. We will NOT require you to make your game available to the public for free; we will promote links to download your games (free or paid) during voting. Should you become a nominee, we will ask for a game trailer, game play, or a video you create to represent your game (these videos will also be used as segments during the live broadcast). Learn more about our process.
Games created or updated after Jan 2013.
Games must be available in digital format. This includes web-based games, social games, mobile games or games available for download. We do not accept console games at this time.
We accept prototypes and TestFlights.
Games must be playable on PC for desktop or iOS -OR- Android for mobile devices.
Games must work as single player (judges play separately).
- Game codes must be available in US markets.
- Titles that are not from major publishing companies. This requires that the developing company has obtained funding from independent sources. These sources can include self-funding, crowd-sourcing, or through a contract with a major publisher that does not involve the acquisition of the company.
Required Submission Materials
- Digital version of your game (direct URL to play or download). Links to Dropbox, TestFlight, etc accepted. Password/login-protected OK.
- Premium games must include redemption codes for 10 people (free download/play). Codes must work during the entirely of the judging period from March 1 – June 30.
- Basic information about your game: title, team credits, synopsis, type of game, link to game trailer (optional).
- 3 sceenshots of your game (judges will use these as reference only).
- After you submit your entry, you’ll be emailed a link to post your work on The Geekie Awards website—this is an extra step! You’ll need an image representative of your project at this exact size: 650px wide x 366px tall or we cannot post your work. Click here to use a free online image resize tool.
Work will be judged on:
- Innovation: the use of new technology or gameplay
- Gameplay: core mechanics and overall experience (i.e. how “addicting” is your game for our judges)
- Visuals: excellence in graphics, UI, character and environment design
- Storytelling: stories that pull our judges into the game
- Music / Sound Design