THE 2105 GEEKIE AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
This category sponsored by
WHY ENTER THE GEEKIE AWARDS?
Don’t take our word for it, listen to what our judges and previous winners have to say in the video below!
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE
|25% off purchases site wide at WeLoveFine.com. From fashion forward apparel to vinyl figures and plush, WeLoveFine is proud to provide fans with creative and unique products that let them show off their fandom in style.|
|30% off off all tees and outerwear at JINX.com. J!NX is a lifestyle clothing brand for gamers and geeks. J!NX represents an immersion into all forms of gaming, the interwebz, giant robots, spaceships, gadgets, comic books, dragons, rolling dice, and collecting things. The J!NX office contains an abundance of toys and passionate nerds. It is located in sunny San Diego, CA.|
|20% off your favorite geek fashion at HerUniverse.com. Thanks to groundbreaking Geek Girl fashion apparel company, Her Universe™, fangirls are finally making a statement in the fashion community utilizing style as their ultimate superpower.|
|Discount for the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) Awards Show in 2016. Find out more about IATVW at iawtv.org.|
*discounts are provided via email at the close of submissions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENTER
Please read our Terms carefully. You will be required to accept these terms prior to entering work on the submission site.
Fees are $45.00 from April 1 – April 30 and $65.00 from May 1 – June 14. Submissions close June 14, 2015.
IMPORTANT! Once the judges choose 5 nominees, the public will vote to choose a winner using the URL you submit—we will link directly your website. Learn more about our process.
Websites or blogs covering: Pop/Geek Culture, Fandom, Film/TV, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Comic Books, Superheroes, Horror, Supernatural, Zombies, Anime, Steampunk, Post-Apocalyptic, Science, Tech, Action/Adventure, Role-Playing, Gaming, Geek Fashion, Cosplay, Groups or Clubs for Geeks, or other unique geek-related concepts.
Required Submission Materials
- Direct URL to your website.
- 3 screencaps of your website (judges will only use these as reference).
- Basic information about your site: team (editors, designer, developer), content you cover, and why you feel you’re the best geekie website or blog.
- After you submit your entry, you’ll be emailed a link to post your work on The Geekie Awards website—this is an extra step! You’ll need an image representative of your project at this exact size: 650px wide x 366px tall or we cannot post your work. Click here to use a free online image resize tool.
Websites will be judged on the following criteria:
- Content: Engaging, relevance to audience, use of media (text/images/video), unique concepts, editorial voice/point of view.
- Design: UI design quality, aesthetics, presentation of products and visual communication. Your site is easy to use, navigation/interaction is clear and user-friendly, your site works well.
- Overall experience: Did your work affect our judges or produce an emotional response? A good experience intrigues the judges and makes them want to return for more.